Saturday, May 17, 2008

Being the 16th May 2008...

An evening tinged with a little sadness as one of our number is moving to pastures new.
Goodbye Janet and our best wishes go with you...

Let's hope Eddie and Margaret's lost wedding ring turns up....

So what did we play and sing..?
We played and sang these little treasures:

Fare Ye Well Dearest Nancy
Da Sixereen
Sovay
The Lincolnshire Poacher
Blackwater Side
Rosemarie
Just a Closer Walk With Thee (Let It Be)
I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound
Meeting of the Waters
Four Strong Winds
Do a Bit of Burgling On the Side
A Time For Us
Hold On
Farewell to the Creeks
?
40 Shades of Green
You've Got a Friend
The Lady is a Tramp
Some fiddle tunes I didn't catch the name of due to awe
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
I Can't Stop Loving You
As Drawn By Lowry
You Are My Honeysuckle
The Parting Glass

To show how it can be done...
Here is a video of the Wailin' Jennys singing "The Parting Glass"....


See you next week...!

No comments: