Saturday, October 31, 2020

Virtual # 19, Poetry!

 We do permit poetry, don't we?

Here's an offering from David Gillingham ...

Where Now My Love?


We have been to Boots and Poundland

and had a look in Smiths,

we have walked the precinct twice now

and still have a long list.

We could have left home later

and missed the Lidl crowd,

we could have stayed at home too

though seems that’s not allowed.

 

Our mornings are quite taken

with lots of things to do,

how did it come to this love

when was the change in you?

We met when we were young still

I knew you were for me,

you brought me joy and gladness

as all our friends agree.

 

We have had so many good years

I hope there’s more to go,

but you are getting frail dear

I want you, love, to know.

You are my inspiration

you are my saving guide,

without you I am nothing

I need you at my side.

 

If I should ever fail you

I want to make it clear,

it won’t be my volition

I hold you oh so dear.

But fate has it’s own ways dear

and we are but mere men..............

What’s that, we’ve missed out Iceland?

we’d best go round again!

 

David Gilligan


1 comment:

Colin said...

Apologies.
I accidentally deleted this post instead of some diatribe that I offered, and then thought better of it.
I have re-posted David's poem here.
I know at least one person had commented affirmatively on the original post, but that comment is now floating around in a cyber-trash-bin.
SORRY!