Friday, January 15, 2021

Uncle John's Primus (Beresford John Speaks)

 Its not a song ...... YET! 

In fact it's much better than that. Filled with pathos (someone tell me what that means), it's like a high pressured firework. Personal history with a legacy. 

It's a subject ripe for a song. Unfortunately my song writing is at an all time low. Any songs I've tried to write have been spirit lowering dirges to a stolen tune. Certainly not suited to this engineering club. What! What did I say wrong? 

Some time ago Colin was kind enough to explain to me how to do the best possible BLOG post. I didn't understand what he said back in November but I have matured since then and the notes I took have re-appeared, At last I find myself able to understand them. I must have been ill.  Except that is, how to centralise the video. I have dragged its box to fill the screen. Will I regret doing that? Will I be expunged from the club precincts for defiance? For failing to tow the party line? For being 'orrible to Ken - who is, incidentally, a fine fellow, {they have made me say that}, when he doesn't sing..........   


3 comments:

Colin said...

Thank you for that clarification, Berry.
I have inserted apostrophes where appropriate.
'Its' is a possessive pronoun; 'It's' is a contraction of the phrase 'it is.' Should I expect an electronics engineer to know that?
Yes, I have successfully centralised your video.
Further tutorials are available for economic and competitive fees.

Colin said...

You write, "I have matured since then."
Look out, Berry, puberty must be just around the corner!

Berry said...

Thanks Colin. I have a more appropriate video to post but need to take a rest. The degree of difficulty is challenging to say the least. Once I get the hang of it I have enough material to bombard you all with my crazy stuff. My last effort to post on the VCFSC also seems to have completely disappeared. The moderators might have decided I'm a misfit and removed it. I cannot begin to imagine why they would think such a thing. Possibly the references to himself - who knows? Has Mr Trump been in touch? I believe he has something to post as he looking for a new audience. Go on then make something out of that!