Saturday, October 4, 2008

Being the 3rd of October 2008...



I want to illustrate the advantages of modern technology...
Specifically the wireless router that is allowing me to enter this week's listing whilst lying in bed with my feet on a nice bed warmer (who tells me she doesn't mind the smell and is glad to be of service...)

Now a piece of advice for the coming cold season...
As we all know the heating system in the room cannot be described as a sympathetic to addition to an evening of singing and playing...
There are two alternatives available to us:

01) Dressing for an arctic expedition...
02) Massive amplification...

What I suggest is a visit to your nearest available musical instrument boutique and the purchasing of an amplifier of sufficient power to overwhelm the air conditioner accompaniment...
I further suggest that one should consider a rating for one's amplifier of around 300-500 watts...
(One might also take the precaution of purchasing some form of hard-hat to protect ones self from the bits of masonry that will inevitably fall from the ceiling during the performances of some of our more 'enthusiastic' members)...
Problem solved...

For those of you who enjoy lists...
Errrr...
Here's a list...

Somewhere Along The Road: David
As Tears Go By: Les
I want To Marry A Lighthouse Keeper: Yvonne
It's A Mystery: Mike
Rose Of York: John
Cordal (A Samba): George
The Unquiet Grave: Anne
When We Were Good: Berry/Ken
Colours: Mike
From A Jack To A King: Paul/Berry
Leaving On A Jet Plane: Lynda/Paul
Die Schauinslandseilschwebebahnschaffnersuniformknöpfe stammen aus Llanfairpwchgwyngychgogerychllllantisiliogogogoch: Ken
I'll Take You Dancing: Mave
Fathom The Bowl: Colin
Withered And Died: David
Smile: George
I'll Never Find Another You: Les
A Scary Spider Song: Yvonne
Constant Companion: Mike
Who Will Sing Me To Sleep? : John
Bushes And Briars: Anne
Fools Paradise: Berry/Ken
Drifting Without You: Mike
I Can't Stop Loving You: Paul
Banks Of The Ohio: Lynda/Paul

I'm now going to do some Olympian sleeping...

No comments: