Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You Are My Sunshine....

Here's a merry tune to start next Friday's gathering...
Take it away Berry...!
YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE (Jimmie Davis & Charles Mitchell - 1911)

________F
The other night dear, when I lay dreaming

__F7____________Bb__________F
I dreamt that you were by my side

______________Bb_______________F_______Dm
Come disil - lusion when I a - woke dear

_________F_________C7__________F
You were gone and then - I - - cried

CHORUS
________F
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
____________Bb___________________F
You make me happy when skies are grey
_________F7__Bb____________________F_______(D7)
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
_____________F_______C_____________F
Please don’t take my sunshine a - way

V2
You told me once dear, there'd be no other
And no-one else could come between
But now you've left me to love another
You have broken all my dreams
CHORUS

V3
I'll always love you, and make you happy
If you will only do the same
But if you leave me, how it will grieve me
Nevermore I'll breathe your name
CHORUS

No comments: