As in previous years, The City Folk Club will be supporting the annual Children in Need appeal.
This will be held on Friday, 19th November.
While the rest of the world is watching Sir Tel on telly, we will be at the Guide Hall raising money.
How will we do this?
• Sponsored requests.
(You will be able to get involved with these efforts at the club from 29th October onwards.)
• Fines, at the MC’s discretion for any perceived misbehaviour or use of forbidden words.
• The entire pot contribution for that evening will be donated to CiN, so be generous.
How can you help?
• Come along to the club and see what’s going on.
• Bring a raffle prize on the evening. Several prizes have already been offered. Here's one desirable treasure, published in 1934 ...
We can use more, preferably new or near-new. Those hideous socks that Granny sent you for Christmas will suffice, as long as they are unworn and in original packaging.
• Encourage participants by filling in request forms; that’ll cost you £1.00 for each request. No guarantees. No refunds!
• Bring money. We’ll extract it, even if we have to turn you upside-down!
• Be there!
By the way, Pudsey’s theme this year is ‘Show Your Spots’.
(And I thought I’d outgrown that traumatic period of adolescence!)