Saturday, July 30, 2011

Being the 29th July, 2011 ...

I believe that Berry MC-d.
Lynda tells me that this is what was heard:

I am a brisk lad: Lynda
Lowlands away: Roland
Bright Morning Stars: Angela
Williams Rufus: John
The Costermonger's Song: Sylvia
Jesus Saviour, Pilot me: Jane
The Owl & the Pussycat: Roger
I Only Want to Be with you: Yvonne
Cockles & Mussels: Mike
A bag of boiled sweets (from Les bonbons - Jacques Brel): Tony
Early One Evening: Howard
Johnny my man: Nigel
One More River/Fire down below/Mademoiselle from Armentiers: Lorna
Hold me Like a Baby (?): Mike P.
Angie: Mick
I Could Easily Fall in Love with you: Berry
Am I that easy to forget?: Lynda
The Conscripts: John
Ballad of Bethnal Green: Sylvia
John Barbary: Jane
Sometimes I Feel like a Motherless Child: Roger
Mrs Bennett's Eyes: Yvonne
Just a Simple Love Song: Mike
Maggie/Silver threads among the gold: Howard
Love me tender: Nigel
Geud Man of Ballengigh: Lorna
Fire and Rain: Mike P.
Itzikel: Mick
It's a Sin to Tell a Lie: Berry
The Lavender Cowboy: Sylvia
Tomorrow is a Long Time: Jane & Roger
Butterflies: Mike & Yvonne
The Trees they do Grow Tall: Nigel
A Reel: Mick & Mike P.
Theme from the Godfather: Mark

Lynda added the following personal note:

Thanks to Berry for being a brilliant MC, to Nigel for putting up and taking down the lights, and to everyone who helped set up and clear away.

We had a lovely evening as always, with lots of laughs.  As I turned off the lights I thought how lucky we all are to be able to get together and sing and play, and leave with a rosy glow of contentment. 

No comments: