- “You sound just like Karen Carpenter.”
- “Thank you, but she’s been dead for twenty years!”
An immaculately groomed Paul was in the chair.
At last I have a decent photograph of Paul ...
|"Oh, stop faffing around, will you?!"|
Dogsbody crept around, moth-like, trying and failing to be unobtrusive while attending to the infrastructure of the proceedings.
Undeterred by that peripheral activity, others contributed some memorable performances, a few of which might be discernable from these clues …
- The B-side of some great hit of the sixties.
- A song conveyed subliminally from a parallel space-time continuum.
- A purveyor of meat pies to submariners.
- Some Creole culinary dishes.
- Arranged marriage to a toy-boy who has yet to complete full-time education.
- Barbarous use of a cereal crop.
- A wireless aviator ...
... and Roger charmingly declined to apologise for anything.
(If you can't work those out, you weren't listening!)