Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Being the first day of July, 2020 ...

Well, here we are after 100 days of lockdown ...


I suppose things are easing slightly ...

  • Some of our kids may return to school.
  • We may undertake non-essential shopping.
  • We may associate in groups of up 6 people at a distance of 1 meter [plus]. (What value 'plus' may have remains questionable.)
  • Shortly our local pubs may reopen, and we may consider booking that much-needed hairdressing appointment.
  • We may think about overseas travel to France, Spain or Greece without the necessity to self-isolate for 14 days after return to UK.
  • We may attend places of worship, but NO SINGING!

So, I hope you are all Covid-free, and able to occupy your time productively.

I imagine it may well be some months before we can resume our usual weekly activities, (maybe when the faithful are allowed to sing hymns?) so, in the meantime, here's something I prepared earlier ...



Have you any recordings, (audio or video,) that you would like to share in this blog?
If so, please send them as an email attachment to cityfolkclub@gmail.com, but beware copyright infringement.

NOW WASH YOUR HANDS!


1 comment:

London Apprentice and Special Bitter said...

My first attempt here was lost. Can you now imagine Ken's comments?
Hello avid and plentiful readers. How are you all? Paying attention to the BLOG are we? Waiting anxiously for the recommencement announcement? What have you been up to? I know that you are anxious to get on here with your contributions. Please do consider the extremely germ free way to interact this method would provide for us.
Some of you will already know about the VCFSC and have posted there. Its private members and invitees only and that means you can't even view what is going on unless you are. Some of you might be feeling a need to express your musicality and as Colin has invited some inputs I am thinking about the best way to do that.
I think we need to know how private these BLOGs actually are. We discussed copyright law on here some time ago. I expect those texts are still here somewhere. If only I wasn't so busy I'd look them up...! Travel here travel there. The bathroom, the kitchen, the bedroom. Great life!
If I recall it right the really big issue is when money is involved. For that reason I use my YouTube channel and make the submissions "not for children" and "Unlisted" which means you cannot see it without the URL. That means its almost private. Their search engine will not include it. Colin also recommends that you mark the title with credits due to the writer and mark it "no copyright infringement is intended"
Making videos with a smartphone is really very easy. Its the intimidation that still gets to me. The fact that the recordings in all their glory can be played over and over, and analysed for properties that you never thought of. Its not just your false teeth that you need to remember is it? I've decided that some musical shortfalls are almost inevitable. Its not worth the mental stress to worry too much. Its all for nothing as in no money. So why not give something a go. We are usually thinking musical and that's OK but perhaps there are some other uses to which a short video could be put. Have you got a cat or a parrot; a dog or a horse to show us? Granny? OK then if you must.
Just to kick us off I will include a subject that has been filling out quite a lot of my CoVid19 time in lockdown. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSBKkQ4yHY
Well its a tune of sorts isn't it? Surely there can be no copyright issues can there?
In the meantime I will show you my latest effort. Published nowhere else so far but I cannot guarantee how long that will remain the case! https://youtu.be/2rezSM6C2YI

Best regards, BerryG