Saturday, September 20, 2008

Being The 19th of September 2008

Ah, the seasons they are a changing yet things carry on in much the same way in the small, but perfectly formed, microcosm that is the City Folk Club...
Now let's hand over to the delightful Channel Five newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky to introduce this evenings listing...

Good 'eavens an all innit...?
So I turns round like an I says you wanna watch it you do cos you is a proper caution an no mistake an she's like turnin' round an goin' 'you wanna watch you mouth an' all less it get you in trouble wiv my fist and you is getting a slap for that innit...?

Bottom Of The Bottle: David
Butterflies: Yvonne/Mike
Lullaby: Mike
My Flower, My Companion & Me: Eddie
Hardtimes Come Again No More: John
Song To A Stranger: Jane/Dave
I Just Want To Dance: Jasmin
Landslide: Mike
Seashore: Mick
World Without Love: Brenda/Berry
D In Love: Berry
Dainty Davie: Lynda
Wild Mountain Thyme: Jane
While Gamekeepers Lie Sleeping: Sue
Sweet Thyme: Colin
I'm A Loser: Paul
Look What They've Done To My Song: Maggie
Positively 4th Street: David
Halcyon Days: Yvonne/Mike
Grey Funnel Line: Eddie
As Tears Go By: Jane/Dave
Rag Picking: Mick
Rose Marie: Brenda/Berry
Lucky Lips: Berry
Annie's Song: Lynda
Geordie: Jane/Colin
Rout Of The Blues: Sue
Come Write Me Down: Colin/Jane
Boulder To Birmingham: Paul
Summertime: Maggie
Everynight I Play The Bohran: Mike
?: John
The Parting Glass: Sue

I think I speak for everyone present when I say that Jane and Dave's rendition of Song To A Stranger was the highlightyest highlight in an evening of highlightfulness in highlight land...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant singer that Sue was! Just a note about song titles: the first was 'While Gamekeepers Lie Sleeping' and the second was 'Rout of the Blues'...

For various obscure reasons this entry will have to remain anonymous. I am sure though, that Sue would want to apologise to Berry for the lack of rehearsal that lead to the buggering up of her final song.

The City Folk Club said...

Entirely agree about 'highlight land'. This couple add a new dimension of delight to the ukelele.
+vely 4th St. was pretty good too, but would be complemented by cello accompaniment/solo.

OutaSpaceMan said...

There is a school of thought within the rock music sphere that when a band becomes devoid of ideas or wishes to appear sophisticated they "get the cellos out"....
(cue posh totty sawing away on TOTP as was...)
Heaven fore fend that I should ever find myself in that unenviable position...!

The City Folk Club said...

I understand, but question this 'school of thought'.
Surely you could accommodate a ukelele, particularly a PINK one!

OutaSpaceMan said...

Not wishing to be at all pedantic but...
I think you'll find that Dave's uke is orange...

Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand what the f**k you're talking about

OutaSpaceMan said...

Welcome to the world of the City Folk Club...!