Saturday, April 9, 2011

Being The 8th of April 2011 ...

This evening we kicked off in good time with an attendance of 23 souls.
Here's what we enjoyed:

"I've absolutely no idea!": David
The Swiss Maid: Paul
To Know [Him] is to Love [Him]: Lucy
Gartan Mother's Lullaby: Laura & Colin
Big Rock Candy Mountain: Roland & Angela
Molly Malone: Eddie
Stewball: Lynda
Gotta Be a Chocolate Jesus: Jane & David
She's Stolen My Heart Away: Mick & Marion
Fool's Paradise: Berry
Snorkel: Mick W.
No Tomorrow: Les
Eyes of a Man: Mave
When We were Good: Ken & Berry
Motherless Child: Roger
Meet Me Somewhere in Your Dreams: Mick & Marion
Le Coq est Mort (Ode to a trussed up rubber chicken): Angela *
Richie Graham: Colin
This Small Stone: David
Doo Wah Diddy: Paul
Damage Done: Lucy & Ken
A-Roving: Laura
Diamonds in the Rough: Angela
Sing With Me Now: Eddie
Orphan Girl: Lynda
None but the Rain: Jane & David
Dixey Darling: Mick & Marion
Young at Heart: Berry
O'Carolan's Draft: Mick W.
The Rain Came Falling Down: Les & Pam **
All the Little Chickens in the Garden: Mave ***
Things I Notice Now: Ken
Passing Through: Roger
Sweet Thyme: Colin

* Angela's song refers to an image she found on some obscure blog not far from here. I would publish a link, but I can't find the original post any more. Maybe the originator was in the room and had second thoughts.

** Congratulations to Pam for her instrumental debut using TWO rain-makers!

*** Now, in future, remember this 'shopping list' chorus:
"... me cow, me pig, me sheep, me goat, me stock, me field and barn,
and all the little chickens in the garden."
That repeated word, 'me', is Yorkshire dialect for the possessive pronoun in the first person singular.
Confusing, init?!

No comments: